Friday, November 21, 2008

It's official

Emme is officially a DeLong girl!! We have done all of the paperwork and waiting for her visa and passport. Dec. 1st will be our last appointment and will pick up her visa on the 2nd. She is such a sweetie. She laughs, giggles and is a very happy and ACTIVE child. I think I will have my hands full-)
We have done a lot of walking around. She loves to be outside! Last night we went on the Pearl River cruise and saw all of the lights of Guangzhou. It was an hour and a half ride and she did great.
Not much to say, keeping very busy hanging with her. She has bonded beautifully with me. She is even starting to look for me and cries when I leave the room. She is a very deep sleeper. She is sleeping about 12 hours a night and even takes a nap from 12-2. I'm learning her "signs" of hunger, wet diaper and sleepy. She can sure throw a fit if I don't figure it out in time. My parents said, "she has a set of lungs on her!". She throws her head back and arches her back....and away she goes. Anyway, enjoy the pictures and I'll post more soon. Hugs to all of our family and friends.














11 comments:

Leslie said...

Mary!!! you can even tell in the pictures that your bonded.. it all looks so natural for you both. so is she walking on her own!!?!?! how much does she weigh, she looks very healthy. we can't wait to have a play date... loads of hugs and love - Leslie & Liam
Grandma Mary sends her love too!

Melinda said...

Hi Mary,
There are no words to express how happy I am that you have Emme, I'm so proud of you and all that you have done to get to your daughter. I miss you & can't wait until you are both home!
xoxoxo
Melinda,Chloe's mommy

tonya. alldeepblue said...

oh, my mary. i look forward to hugging you both.

chris said...

mary- we are missing you! the girls think emme is adorable. and so do i. looks likes she is loving her mama. chris ruby hazel

Unknown said...

Yay, Mary! You're a mama, and your daughter is soooo beautiful. Her grins make me giggle. Congratulations to both you and Emme! Much love! I can't wait to see you both!

angela said...

Congratulations Mary! Emme is such a cutie! Alana and I can't wait to see you both when you come home.
Angela & Alana

Lisa Senter said...

Mary, I can't WAIT to get my hands on her. Her smiling face, and yours, brings tears to my eyes everytime I look at the blog-which is about 4 times a day! I've been dreaming about both of you-good dreams-and I know you will have a safe trip home. Love, Auntie Lisa

bc said...

Like I've said before, she even looks like you! What a total cutie! SO HAPPY for you, mama! See you soon!!! Love, Barb

Unknown said...

Mary!!!! Emme is beautiful and you look absolutely radiant. My favorite pic is of Emme sleeping - I have an almost identical shot of Ailie at that age. They say it's so true that you see your baby again every time you watch your child sleep. I find that so true. Cherish these early days. Enjoy your time in China - I'm sure it will be a while before you return there. xoxo Nancy, Gabe & Ailie

Heather said...

Hey Mary!
You and Emme look amazing! You are definitely meant to be together!! I hope everything goes well for the rest of your trip, and good luck taming those lungs of hers! ;-)
Take care,
Heather

ellenandysteven said...

Hello Mary,
We are so happy for you and Emme!!! I tear up every time I look at the beautiful pictures of you and Emme. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly. We look forward to your next post. Take care. love Ellen, Andy and Steven W.